Before explaining to you how to become an Instagram blogger, you need to know what preliminary steps you need to take before you can do this. To begin with, it is necessary be subscribed to Instagram. If you have not yet created an account on the famous photographic social network, the time has come to run for cover, perhaps helping you with the instructions I have given you in another guide.
Then you have to switch to a company profile, so as to have the tools and functions through which to analyze the statistics of your account, sponsor content and, of course, add the wording Blogger to your own profile.
To proceed, start the Instagram app on your Android, iOS or Windows 10 device, log in to your account (if necessary), press the icon of thelittle man located at the bottom right, click on the symbol (≡) at the top right and select the items Settings> Switch to a company profile from the menu that compares di lato.
Then, press the blue button Continue four times in a row e create a page to connect to your Instagram account or select the name of a page already existing (if you have one ready to use). Finally, click on the button NEXT, check that the contact information is correct, select the ones you want to show on your company Instagram profile and press the button first end and then OK per ultimare l'operazione.
I remind you that the category of the Facebook page that you have decided to link to it will be displayed on the profile (if you have created one at the moment, you can choose the category you prefer). If you want to change it, press the button Edit the profile, tap on the item Category and, in the menu Choose a category, select People, while from the menu Subcategory, select the voice Blogger, so that the latter appears immediately under your name.
For more information on how to put your business profile on Instagram, read the guide I linked to you: it could be useful.
Choose what kind of Instagram blogger to become
Choose what kind of Instagram blogger to become it will affect the type of content you publish and the companies with which you will be able to interact for any commercial collaborations. In making this choice, however, take into account above all your passions and the activities you like to talk about.
- Travel blogger - do you love traveling, visiting new places, reviewing hotels, holiday homes, hostels and similar places? In this case, you could exploit your passion for the world of travel in a real profession, so as to share the experiences made around the world with users who follow you on Instagram and, at the same time, earn something. Maybe you could also combine posts shared on Instagram with some articles published on your travel blog. If you want more information on how to create a travel blog, please read the guide I linked to you.
- Food blogger - on social networks, including Instagram, food is one of the main protagonists. Recipes, dishes, restaurants, starred chefs ... these are all "ingredients" that are of great interest to the public. If you too have a passion for food and want to use it to entertain the users who follow you on Instagram, you can try becoming a food blogger. Also in this case, it would be advisable to create a cooking blog, so as to share recipes and / or in-depth reviews of restaurants and clubs of various kinds.
- Fashion blogger - are you passionate about the world of fashion and online shopping? Would you like to become an Instagram icon in these areas? Even if the undertaking is anything but simple, this possibility should not be overlooked either.
- Tech blogger - reviewing technology products is your greatest passion? Does the hi-tech world fascinate you? If so, you may decide to become a tech blogger and share your passion for technology on Instagram.
Increase the number of followers
Once you have chosen what kind of blogger to become, you must also try to increase the number of followers, so as to make your profile more attractive to companies and brands that may be interested in collaborating with you to promote their products and services. Here are some strategies that might help you do this.
- Regularly post quality content - the quality of the content is an aspect that should not be underestimated if you want to increase the number of users who follow you on Instagram. Try to create posts that are captivating, well-researched, original and, above all, in line with the issues you usually face on the social network. If you are a travel blogger, for example, you could share posts to narrate your travel experiences and perhaps provide some advice on places to visit when you go to a certain tourist location. Clearly, you can choose to do this either by sharing "traditional" posts or Stories and, when you have the opportunity to do so, even with direct.
- Using hashtags correctly - hashtags, i.e. words and phrases preceded by the symbol # on social networks, they offer the possibility of increasing the degree of visibility of the contents posted on Instagram, as their function is to categorize images and make them appear in the platform's internal search engine. In choosing the hashtags, I invite you to use the most popular ones of the moment (perhaps helping you with solutions such as Top Hashtag, Websta, HashTags for Instagram, Top Tags, etc.) and, of course, also those most suited to the content of the photo or video posted.
- Analyze the statistics - as I mentioned in the opening chapter of this guide, after switching to a company profile, you can access numerous statistical data that can provide you with a "snapshot" of your account. By analyzing this data it is possible to get to know your audience better, understand what types of content work best and possibly the changes to be made to be more successful.
Clearly, while applying the "tips" I have just given you, it will be some time before you see a significant increase in the number of users who follow you. I recommend: do not make the mistake of giving up and try to work hard to achieve the goals you have set yourself to achieve.
If you want some other advice on how to increase followers on Instagram, read the guide I dedicated to the topic: there you will find other information that will certainly be of great help to increase your popularity on this social network.
Collaborate with famous companies and brands
If you are reading this point of the guide, you are obviously interested in collaborate with famous companies and brands, so as to turn your Instagram blogging business into a potential source of income. If this is the case, you must first find a brand with which to start a commercial collaboration. The advice I want to give you is to find one that is as close as possible to your "world", so as to propose content that is still interesting for your audience, despite being sponsored.
For example, if you are a travel blogger, it would be better to sponsor a service offered by a certain travel company rather than a sugary drink, which, on the other hand, could be a good product to advertise if you are a food blogger. To propose a collaboration to a company, I recommend that you first look for its profile on Instagram, follow it and send it a direct message in which you propose the collaboration (if the email dedicated to commercial collaborations is indicated on the profile, it is better to use the latter. ).
In the message, you must indicate to the company who you are, how many followers you have on Instagram (and possibly also on other social networks) and provide your contact details. Below you can find an example of a message to take inspiration from.
To the attention of [nome dell'azienda],
Good morning / Good evening, my name is [nome and cognome] and I follow your Instagram account with great interest. I am very interested in your products and I think they may also be of interest to the public that follows me on social networks.
My Account [link of your Instagram account] Instagram account [number of people who follow your account] followers and discusses topics that somehow come close to your products and services. For this reason I would like to offer you a commercial collaboration to advertise your content on my account.
If you are interested, feel free to contact me using one of the following channels.
- E-mail: [indirizzo lavorativa email].
- Cell .: [number of cellulare].
- Phone: [phone number].
- Skype [call me Skype].
Waiting for your kind reply, I wish you good continuation and good work!
Company [nome and cognome].
If a company decides to collaborate with you, when you post content that has to do with collaboration, notify your users using one of the following hashtags: #ad, #adv, #sp o #sponsored. For more information on how to collaborate on Instagram, read the in-depth study that I linked to you.How to become an Instagram blogger